Hebraic Musing – Does Worry accomplish anything?
Let’s see what our
Lord’s Scripture has to say! Jesus
tells us to worry not! “Therefore I
say to you, do not worry about your life, what you
will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is
not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of
the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly
Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”
What value is
there in worrying? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider
the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I
say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of
these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and
tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you
of little faith?”
Do we question the
source of our faith,
Jesus continues in v.31 – “Therefore do
not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or
‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your
heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.”
What should we do
instead…
v.33 “But seek first the kingdom of
God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore
do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own
things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” I
wonder how many things we can’t control that we find ourselves worrying about? Matthew 6:25-33 NKJV
And we get further
advice from Apostle Paul. “Be
anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with
thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of
God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds
through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
And Peter reminds us to rely on Jesus.
“Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” 1 Peter
5:7
I want to sing a song I grew up with. ♫
“Cast all your cares upon Him for He careth for you.” ♫
How many of us
feel inadequate to deal with some issues?
If so – “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of
God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to
him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who
doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let
not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a
double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” James 1:5-8 How many times does God’s Word tell us to
simply “ASK”? A – Over 60x in
the NT.
Martha welcomed
Jesus into her home, but then she was distracted when her sister, Mary, spent
time with Jesus. “And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about
many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which
will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41
Psalm 13 “How
long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from
me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart
daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and hear me, O
LORD my God; Enlighten my eyes, Lest I sleep the sleep of death; Lest my
enemy say, “I have prevailed against him”; Lest those who trouble me rejoice
when I am moved.”
Then in v.5&6 the psalmist sees his/our answer! “But I have trusted in Your mercy; My
heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, Because He
has dealt bountifully with me.” Thus, the Psalmist finally recognized who is
in charge! And he is advised by the Lord
to simply “trust” in the Lord!
♫ Trust and
obey, For there's no other way, To be happy in Jesus, But to trust and obey.
♫
Points
to ponder
What
burdens am I carrying that God has invited me to cast on to Him?
Am
I spending more time rehearsing my fears than remembering God’s promises?
Is
my mind divided between trusting God and fearing the future?
What
specific concern can I surrender to Christ today?
♫ “Why worry when you can pray. Trust Jesus, He’ll show you the way. Don’t be
doubting Thomas,
Rest fully on His promise, Why
worry, worry, worry, worry when you can pray?” ♫
Yosef a.k.a. Joe
Brusherd
September 15,
2026
Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our
faith”
“Biblical Marriage (by Yosef)” Weekly “Hebraic
Musings”
No comments:
Post a Comment