Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Musing – Do you feel accepted?



Hebraic Musing – Do you feel accepted?
Being accepted is empowering. God accepted Abraham, or Abram, and he became the Father of Nations with confidence to leave Ur and become a leader. Likewise, Moses experienced God’s acceptance and became a great leader. Most important, God accepted us and calls us His children. Remember, He accepted us before we accepted Him!  My favorite verse is 1 Peter 2:9-10 which I take as God’s acceptance and faith in me – But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.  Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God;…   NIV   God accepted me, and you, to fulfill His plan of salvation by assigning us the critical role of priests, intercessors between Him and the unsaved.
My wife Irene penned a poem in 1992, and when I read it, it opened my eyes to the importance of acceptance:
Your acceptance refreshes me…
            And helps me take the next step;
            Then with eyes newly opened
            I find that we are walking together.

Your acceptance frees me…
            From old chains and fears
            Which have no substance—only pain;
            And I can think and create again.

Your acceptance helps me…
            Feel safe and cared for,
            So I can soar where eagles go—
            Floating on sure currents of your strength.

Your acceptance bonds me…
            To you, and brings healing to old wounds;
            It’s love suspended in time,
            And I in turn must give it again.
“Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”  Romans 15:7
Points to ponder
How do you feel when you are accepted by someone?
Who have you told recently that you accept them?
I accept you as my friend                                                       January 29, 2013
Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd            


No comments:

Post a Comment