Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Musing – Who Should I Be Like According to Scripture?



Hebraic Musing – Who Should I Be Like According to Scripture?
Today, I will be...
Like Paul, I will forget the past and press forward. Phil. 3:13
Like David, I will lift my eyes unto the hills, from where my help comes.  Ps. 121:1
Like Abraham, I will trust in YHVH.  Romans 4:20-21
Like Enoch, I will walk in daily fellowship with Abba. Gen. 5:23
Like Jehoshaphat, I will seek YHVH.  2 Chron. 20:3
Like Moses, I choose to suffer with the persecuted, than have an easy life of sinners. Heb. 11:25
Like Daniel, I will commune with YHVH.  Daniel 6:10
Like Job, I will be patient.  Job 6:11
Like Caleb and Joshua, I will refuse to be discouraged.  Num. 14:8-9
Like Gideon, I will advance, trusting YHVH to defeat my enemies.  Judges 6:15-16
Like Aaron and Hur, uphold others, in prayer.  Exod. 17:12
Like Andrew, strive to bring others to Messiah.  John 1:41
Like Stephen, I will forgive those who hurt me.  Acts 7:60
Like Paul, I will press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Phil.3:13
No wonder Almighty God’s Holy Scriptures required so many biblical characters just to convey His love and plan for our lives!
 Points to ponder
Are these worthwhile reflections for first thing in the morning?
As Paul said, “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ”. 1 Corinth. 11:1   RSV
Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd                                               October 31, 2017

Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our faith” 
“Biblical Marriage”   Weekly “Hebraic Musings

Note – From Johanna Hocker’s email “Today, I will…”  Sept.12, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment