Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Musing – Does America know what War is really about?


Hebraic Musing – Does America know what War is really about?
I started in grammar school during WWII, and as I walked the eight blocks home I saw little flags in the front windows of homes with 1, 2, 3 or even 4 stars representing the sons serving in the Armed Forces.  And I vividly recall seeing some of those stars turn from Blue to Gold (a son who would not be coming home!).  Even then, I knew what that meant.
In 1987 I visited Fort Bonifacio, a U.S. WWII Military Cemetery in the Philippines (center of the Pacific theater”).  It was a literal sea of neatly arranged grave markers with crosses, or a star of David, on each.  And there were walls upon walls of names of those lost in the Pacific theater and mosaics of the sea battles with tonnages and lives lost.  I was surprised at how many of the battles I remembered hearing about from my childhood!  One section of the wall had a listing of those lost from the State of Illinois, my home state.  As I realized those names all represented the Gold Stars I observed as a kid, and I wept, and wept, and wept!  The price we paid to preserve our Nation and our God-given beliefs!!!
Jews had to deal with the Babylonian exile; and the war to take back Jerusalem in 1967; and then the Holocaust war.  They held to their freedom of beliefs and it cost them their lives.  “War(s)” is mentioned 146 times in the Bible;  And “rebellion” is referenced 42 times.  And “Battle” appears 207 times!  Here’s an example in red letters  The time is near.' Do not follow them.  When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened.  These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."  Luke 21:8-9  NIV
My concern is that today we have e-games and e-sports replacing the reality of a life and death war.  This generation is Warring and Fighting for personal pride of “winning”; with no risk to our lives!
Is “Stealth Jihad” a war?  Who are the combatants?  How are they invading?  Are we at risk of losing our freedom of worship?  Do people care?  Do we care?  BTW – Those who are not familiar with “Stealth Jihad” are like the Jews in Europe in the ‘40’s!  Did “normalcy” (It won’t happen to me) allow the Jews to become complacent, then lose freedoms, then suffer persecution which resulted ultimately in the Holocaust?
If Jesus is only known as loving and peaceful, why did He say “I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.”  in Matt 10:34?   And why did Paul have to explain this to us?   For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,…”  Corinth. 10:4 NKJV   Why do we have so many Christian worship songs about battles and wars?
  Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord (Battle Hymn of the Republic)
  The Battle belongs to the Lord…
  Victory in Jesus
  Onward Christian soldiers!  Marching as to war,  With the cross of Jesus, Going on before.
Let’s take back our God-fearing nation that Satan is stealing from us.  And this came to mind –  I went to the enemy's camp and I took back what he stole from me
Why do I need to say all this?  But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.  Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.” Ezekiel 33:6-7   NIV
Points to ponder
Is “Stealth Jihad” a war?  Who are the combatants?  Do we personally care?
Do people have to lose their lives in a war? 
What if we just lose our freedoms?   And then our lives!
Are we ready, willing and able to fight for what we believe?
 “if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?  1 Corinthians 14:8-9 
Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd                                      April 23, 2019  
Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our faith” 
“Biblical Marriage (by Yosef)”   Weekly “Hebraic Musings   “insightsbyyosef.blogspot.com”

No comments:

Post a Comment