Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Musing – Do We Really Realize We are Always in God’s Presence?


Hebraic Musing – Do We Really Realize We are Always in God’s Presence?
Isn’t it interesting, the 1st mention of the importance of being in God’s presence is in the form of the ultimate punishment?  Listen to Cain’s plea to God in Gen. 4:13-14 “My punishment is more than I can bear.  Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence.” NIV    Cain recognized the importance of being in God’s presence!  And He realized the significance of the loss of God’s presence!      
Here’s an early promise from God -- I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.” Gen.20:15
Psalm 41:12 claims that God set David (and us) in His presence forever!  In my integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever.”
In Psalm 21:6 David recognizes the importance of God’s presence to a king.  Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.
In Psalm 16:11 David expressed the joy of being in God’s presence. “You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” 
And in Peter’s first preaching he quoted David in Acts 2:28.  You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.”
Where should we be walking?  Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.”  Psalm 89:15
What is the benefit to our children if we serve the Lord?  The children of your servants will live in your presence;” Psalm 102:28
Where was Wisdom during Creation?  Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence,” Proverbs 8:30
HOWEVER, it is not always easy to be in His Presence: 
·      The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong.”  Psalm 5:5
·      Since He is always with us, Psalm 90:8 reminds us. “You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence.” 
·      We cannot leave His Presence. “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?”  Psalm 139:7. 
A SUMMARY statement by Paul in 1 Thess.3:9 says it all!   “How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?”
And that is why I cannot recite Psalm 51:10-12 without singing Keith Green’s version. 
 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a right spirit within me.
 Cast me not away from Thy presence, O Lord,   And take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. 
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation.  And renew a right spirit within me
.
Points to ponder   or   RSVP
What does that mean for us that God is Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipotent?
Are we living under the watchful eye of our MASTER?
Does our MASTER love us?  Why is He watching us?
Remember the advice from the Christmas song?  He sees you when you're sleeping, He knows when you're awake, He knows if you've been bad or good, So be good for goodness sake.”
Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd              January 28, 2020
Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our faith” 
“Biblical Marriage (by Yosef)”   Weekly “Hebraic Musings
Note – Inspired by writings from Brother Lawrence, circa 1600’s, before bibles were readily available.
        All Bible references are from the NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment