Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Musing – Should We be Preparing for Our Wedding?


Hebraic Musing – Should We be Preparing for Our Wedding?
I know most of you are thinking, “I’m already married” so what’s the purpose of this discussion?  Well, we who have accepted Christ as our LORD have another wedding pending; that’s what my Bible tells me.  Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!  For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.  Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.”  Rev.19:7-8 NIV  And we know that we are the Bride, His Church, those of us who have made Jesus, the Lamb, our Lord. 
We also see that Jesus has provided us with our wedding gown – “Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.  Sounds like the ultimate wedding gown – the white robe of righteousness described in Isaiah 61:10 “I delight greatly in the LORD; …  For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest…”
I was married to my first wife, Peggy, for 52 years before she left me for the perfect Husband, Jesus Christ.  Irene and I are in our 8th year of marriage.  So, I’ve been the groom in two weddings and I’ve seen first-hand the process my two brides went through.  They planned months ahead with location, invitations, apparel, brides’ maid selections, etc. etc.  I watched them putting forth a mammoth amount of effort in planning and preparing for “The Big Day”.  I can assure you that neither of my wives woke up on the wedding day, took an every-day shower and threw on every-day clothes and dashed off to church!
No!  They prepared themselves meticulously for “The Big Day”.  Let me assure you that as the groom, I really appreciated the way my brides went to all that extra effort to prepare themselves to be presented to me, with that big smile as they came up the aisle to meet me.  They both made every effort to look and be their best for me.  Imagine how I felt!
Each of us still have our “Big Day” coming, the day when Jesus calls us HOME so that our wedding and marriage to Him can be consummated?  Now read the personal, testimonial example above but consider how it might apply to our “Big Day” when we go up for our Marriage to the Lamb. Are you ready, ready for that Judgement Day?  That reminds me of another song.  Lord prepare me To be a sanctuary, Pure and holy, Tried and true. And with thanksgiving I'll be a living Sanctuary, oh for You.
What preparation efforts might our Eternal-Husband-to-be appreciate?
·         Waking up from Spiritual slumber or comfortable routine.
·         Listening to God’s Word, His Word, by reading/studying the Bible.
·         Praying and actively communicating with Him; at least daily, or more often.
      (While you were engaged, how much communication did you desire with each other?)
·         Trusting Him and relying on Him in good times and in bad.
·         Loving and forgiving your neighbor.
·         Serving as a priest - “you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood…” 1 Peter 2:9
·         Going about the Father’s business – “Go into all the world and preach the good news…” Mk.16:15
Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” Rev.19:9
Points to ponder   or   RSVP
Either grade ourselves on each of those preparation efforts,
or wait until “Judgement Day.”  Your choice!  (>:
Will Jesus look at us on that day and say “You have made yourself ready”?
In the business world, if a person focuses only on the perks
and not the job, he gets fired!
  There's a great day coming… Are you ready?  Are you ready?  Ready for the Judgement Day 
Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd                                  June 16, 2020
Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our faith” 
“Biblical Marriage (by Yosef)”   Weekly “Hebraic Musings

No comments:

Post a Comment