Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Musing – Why Lost People Cannot See the Light?

 Hebraic Musing – Why Lost People Cannot See the Light?

Fact, the Lost cannot be saved unless someone (we) pray for them.  It is our responsibility to pray for them; it won’t happen unless they are being prayed for.  Why?  They are under the authority of Satan, their father.  “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”  John 8:44 NKJV   Satan is deliberately blinding the eyes and minds of the lost to keep them from understanding the Bible and the Good News.

Do you remember how blind you were to the Gospel message before you were saved?  Especially after years being in the world and fending off the “goody two-shoes Christians”.   “But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.”  2 Corinth.4:3-4 

My testimony – my wife and children kept pestering me to “get saved” and I did not know why.  I was not drowning; I didn’t need a life jacket!  Those were my thoughts and reasons for rejecting their pleas.  I could not comprehend their reasons.  I was incapable due to the condition of my mind.
At the age of 39 when I was on a retreat week-end (not realizing I was being bathed in prayer) I fell to my knees and said through tears “Jesus Christ, you are real and I need to learn more about you.”  Only then did I understand what my wife and kids had been saying to me. 
BTW - Notice that unbeknownst to me, I was being bathed in prayer!

Lost folks see the Gospel message and teachings as moronic, stupid, nonsensical and a hindrance; not my words, but Paul’s – “But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” 1 Corinthians 2:14

Lost people are POWs in the strong man’s house.  “No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.” Mark 3:27   We are called to spiritual warfare to bind Satan, the “strong man”, and free the lost person to make an unhindered decision.

To get the lost person saved we need to bind the attempts of the “strong man” who is distracting the lost person.  Actually, our persistence might even stir up, embolden and activate the “strong man” in which case we need more prayer, back-off and come back another day.

In any case, the Souls for which Jesus died are too valuable for us to give up and quit.

Points to ponder

Do you remember how blind you were before accepting Christ as your LORD?

Might it be your prayers that will keep someone out of Hell?

What does it mean to “love your neighbor”?  What’s their greatest need?

Are we to “love our neighbor” by praying for their eternal salvation?

Who prayed you into the Kingdom?    How did you come to see the Light?

 I saw the light, I saw the light. No more darkness no more night.
            Now I'm so happy no sorrow in sight.  Praise the Lord I saw the light..

Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd                                      January 18. 2022

Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our faith”
“Biblical Marriage (by Yosef)”  Weekly “Hebraic Musings” http://insightsbyyosef.blogspot.com/

Note – Inspired by & excerpted from “Praying Effectively for the Lost” Chapter 1 - Lee E. Thomas 

No comments:

Post a Comment