Monday, April 25, 2022

Musing – Here’s how Jesus and His Holy Spirit Ministered to a Family!

 Hebraic Musing Here’s how Jesus and His Holy Spirit Ministered to a Family!

The world assesses one’s success in life based on having "successful children" according to their professional and financial achievements.  A friend challenged me to share the personal testimonies of my children which caused me to pause, reflect and to consider the definition of “success” in eternal perspectives.

Here's the testimonial “Salvation moments” for each member of the immediate family God gave to me:

1st - Susan’s – At the age of seven, Susan was invited by her playmates to go with them on their Sunday School bus.  One Sunday, after two months of regular attendance, Susan came home and went straight to her room, got down on her knees by the side of her bed and said (or prayed) something she heard at church – “I know that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”  And she remembered “the wages of sin is death.”  So she concluded her prayer with “Jesus, please save me.  I don’t want to go to hell.”  And then Susan began to pray for her whole family to experience what she had experienced.  (About 1967/68)

About two years later our 10 month old Catherine was killed in a freak auto accident.

PeggyMom’s – Shortly after Cathy’s death, Susan’s Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Heinbrecker, asked Susan where Susan had been.  Susan explained the family’s loss and Mrs. H immediately asked, “How’s your mother?”  Mrs. H made it a point to visit Peggy and invite her to church; she counseled Susan’s mother and “Peggy Mom” accepted Jesus and received the consolation she desperately needed.  (About April of 1969)

Jon’s –  He claims his testimony was same as his brother Joseph’s, at about the same time.  So here’s Joseph’s.

Joseph’s – “I was 6 when a teacher at the little Bible Church taught me about my need for Jesus.  The church had a bus ministry and my parents sent me, along with my brothers and sister; so on Sunday mornings they could stay home and get free child care for a few hours.  Mrs. Heinbrecker was teaching and asked if anyone wanted to invite Jesus to live in their heart; I raised my hand and she prayed with me.  I invited Jesus to come live in my heart sometime in the spring of 1969.”

Jim’s – He accepted Jesus at age 4-5 at Mrs. Heinbrecker’s church; he’s still an on-fire evangelist to this day.

Cathy’s – An amazing, remarkably sweet disposition baby; but went to be with Jesus at 10 months of age.

Joel’s – “Despite what I saw around me, I sensed an underlying truth as a young child that seemed genuine and authentic.  But at the time, I was more interested in not going to hell ("the stick").  So I “asked Jesus into my heart” when I was 4-5 years old.” 

Joe (me, the father) – Almost last!  In August 1977 I came home from a week-end Cursillo retreat and told PeggyMom “I talked to Jesus… and I want you and the kids to have the same experience.”  Peggy replied, “Too late Joe, we already have, we’ve all been praying for you!”  And she could have added “for almost 10 years!”

Beth’s – When “Betsy” was almost 4 years old (circa 1982), PeggyMom led her in a prayer of salvation, but wondered if Betsy understood.  A neighbor stopped by so PeggyMom asked Betsy “Where is Jesus?”  Betsy marched up 3 steps, turned around and pounding her chest she proclaimed, “In my heart.”

How are they serving the LORD now?  What are they doing?

·      Joe – Leading Men’s ministries, Weekly blogging, Evangelizing, Patriarch of a growing family of 47.

·      Peggy – “Left me for the Perfect Husband, Jesus Christ” on March 10, 2012 after leading many to Christ.

·      Susan – Always ministering, friends called her an “unclaimed blessing”.   AKA “Aunt Sue” to Grand-Kids!.

·      Jon – I used to catch him reading himself to sleep with the Bible; now a model example of righteous living.

·      Joseph – Served as Assistant Pastor, which led to 12 years with family of 7 as Missionaries in Honduras.

·      Jim – Used to spend Friday/Saturday evenings witnessing at London Bridge in Lake Havasu. Still on fire!

·      Joel – Served years as Assistant Pastor, earned Master of Divinity at Liberty University.

·      Beth – Earned Master’s degree, taught H.S., now homeschooling daughters and super-active in church.

I did not do it!  Jesus & His H.S. drew in our family after one 7 year old, Susan, surrendered to the LORD. 

Points to ponder

What might happen when the Church’s Sunday School bus
picks up a young child invited by a neighbor?

  I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God, …Joint heirs with Jesus… As I travel this sod….

Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd                          April 26, 2022
Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our faith”
“Biblical Marriage (by Yosef)”    Weekly “Hebraic Musings” at   InsightsByYosef.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment