Monday, March 13, 2023

Musing – How Powerful is Your Testimony?

 Hebraic Musing – How Powerful is Your Testimony?

We all battle with Satan’s daily attempts to lead us astray, so what’s a person to do?  The Bible’s answer - “And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” Rev.12:11 NKJV  God’s Word reminds us of the power of our testimony!  Maybe that’s why “testimony” appears 92 times in the Bible!  And I believe it after all the opportunities I’ve had in my life to lead people to accept Jesus as their Lord by sharing my testimony.  Is mine unique? Yes!  And so is yours!  Exactly how and when did Christ call you? 

Here’s my short three part testimony with “What happened” as the filling in the middle of the cookie.

Life Before – I grew up as the oldest of eight children, and we had five children (& one on the way) when I realized I had a limited understanding of God.  I had never really tried to figure out God’s purpose for my life despite these three questions being stuck in my head ever since my first-grade catechism class:
1.  Q. – Who made me?                      A. – God made me.
2.  Q. – Who is God?                          A. – God is the Supreme Being who created all things.
3.  Q. – Why did God make me?        A. – God made me to worship and praise Him forever.
At 39 years of age I found myself plagued by selfish ways, anger, unclean thoughts, etc.  So I decided to attend a Catholic Cursillo week-end retreat where I heard a priest with presentation skills I really respected and coveted.  Next, we went into a prayer room and I saw that priest on his knees, praying and thanking Jesus for the words Jesus gave him for the men out there (for me).

What Happened – When I saw that priest I really admired praying to Jesus, I fell to my knees, cried a pool of tears on the terrazzo floor and said to myself, almost out load, “Jesus Christ, you are real.  I need to learn more about you.”  I knew at that moment I would never be the same!

Life After – When I came home from the week-end my wife asked “What happened”; I said “I talked to Jesus”; so she asked “Does that mean you are Born Again”; and I answered “I don’t know what you call it, but I talked to Jesus... ... and I want you and all the kids to experience what I experienced!”  Then she informed me “Joe, we already have; we’ve all been praying for you!”  She could have added “...for 10 years”!

There is a pivotal moment in the middle of a testimony that is awesome and memorable.  In fact, if a person claims to be a Christian but cannot describe that life-changing “Moment”, I pray with them to experience that “Moment” when the Holy Spirit infills us!  Sometimes we just need to ASK Jesus.  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:13

Can sharing your testimony be an effective tool in fulfilling Jesus’s final command to us?  Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,...” Matt.28:19

I’ve often confessed that people argue with my teachings!  And yes, they also argue with my preaching!  But, no one can argue with my testimony.  It is the truth!  It is real!  Apparently, the Apostle John felt the same way when he concluded his Gospel message with - “This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true.” John 21:24 NKJV

Points to Ponder

Do you remember your precious moment?  Can you tell others about it?

Can you deliver a three-minute version of your salvation testimony?

Who needs to hear your testimony?  ...besides yourself?!?!

If you need practice telling your testimony, write it out and email it to me.

Don’t underestimate the power of prayer.

And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe.” John 19:35

Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd                                      March 14, 2023
Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our faith”
“Biblical Marriage (by Yosef)     Weekly “Hebraic Musings    insightsbyyosef.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment