Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Musing – Job’s blessing? He had nothing to lose!


Hebraic Musing – Job’s blessing? He had nothing to lose!
Have you ever looked at Job’s most popular quote and thought of it as a blessing?  "At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said: ‘Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised’." Job 1:20-21  Once Job recognized this, he was free – all fear of failure, embarrassment, pride, expectations no longer had hold on him. Now he, and/or we, can ‘go for the moon’!  We are no longer bound or fettered by those things that hinder us.
This adds meaning to Gal.5:7  Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?  KJV.  Or in the NIV  You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?
Everything we have and that we worry about losing was a gift from HIM in the first place. But we sure can become attached to (a) the things we have and/or (b) who we are.
As I enter the autumn years of my life I find myself freed of many concerns that hindered, fettered and worried me in earlier years. I’m beginning to realize ‘I have nothing to lose’. Self-image is one of the major concerns that changed. My image is no longer near as important as Christ’s image that I am reflecting. Acceptance of Christ by others is far more important than my self-image that I used to be so concerned about.
Point to ponder
What would you do, or what would you do different, if you had nothing to lose?
Shalom                                                                        July 24, 2012
Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd
Author “Hebraic Insights95 messages exploring the Hebrew Roots of Christian faith”
Author “Biblical Marriage” (published  June 2012)
Weekly e-mails “Hebraic Musings” blogging available at  www.InsightsByYosef.com
To be added to distribution -- Yosef1@cox.net    

No comments:

Post a Comment