Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Musing – How Important is Honesty?



Hebraic Musing – How Important is Honesty?
Rabbi Elimelech was asked by his students “Are you certain that you will be let into Heaven?”  Rabbi answered “Absolutely.”  So the students asked “How can you be so sure?”
Rabbi’s answer “When we die in this world and we go before the heavenly court, we are asked certain questions.
They will ask me if I studied Torah to the best of my ability. And I will answer honestly: No.
Then they will ask if I fully surrendered to God in prayer. Again, I will answer honestly: No.
Next, they will ask if I did all of the good deeds that I could do while I was alive. I will answer honestly once more: No.
Then they will say: An honest man! Come, come, you have a place here
!”
Why was Balak given more respect in the Torah study Parashah than Balaam?  (Numbers 22 to 24)  Balaam was not honest.  Balak may have been trying to destroy the Israelites, but at least he was honest.
Point to Ponder
How important is HONESTY?
 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ
Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd                                     June 25, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment