Thursday, September 8, 2022

Musings – How Many of Our Songs did Isaiah Inspire?

 Hebraic Musings – How Many of Our Songs did Isaiah Inspire?

As I was reading the book of Isaiah, I found myself singing many of the poetic sentences and paragraphs.  Here’s some NKJV examples of the ones I recognized:

I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple.” Isa.6:1  ..... The angels cried, "Holy".  The angels cried, "Holy." The angels cried "Holy is the Lord."

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isa.40:31 KJV... Teach me Lord, Teach me Lord to wait.

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.” Isa.41:10 ... Be bold, be strong, The Lord thy God is with thee. Do not be afraid. Do not be dismayed. Walk in faith and victory...

Sing to the LORD a new song,” Isa.42:10 & 12:5 .....God made the world in seven days. Adam sinned and then all men fell away. Jesus came to redeem my soul. He died upon the cross, and He made me whole!

That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting That there is none besides Me.” Isa.45:6 ... From the rising of the sun, To the going down of the same. The Lord's Name Is to be praised.

Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.” Isa.51:11 (& 35:10) KJV

How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” Isa.52:7  Refrain  Our God reigns! Our God reigns! Our God reeeiiigns! Our God reigns!

Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,” Isa.2:3..... Who can ascend His holy hill, Who can approach His holy Place. Only the one with clean hands and a pure heart.

For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.” Isa.55:12 ... And the trees of the fields will clap their hands, While you go out with joy.

Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.” Isa.60:1 ... The glory of the Lord is come, The glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand.” Isa.64:8b ... Have Thine own way, Lord, Have Thine own way; Thou art the Potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me After Thy will, While I am waiting, Yielded and still.

Points to ponder

Do know the rest of the words to these songs?

These are ones I recognize; how many more songs are there in the poetic verses in Isaiah?

I’m glad that you also are going to be singing these as you go about your day!

 

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever, I will sing, I will sing,...

Yosef   a.k.a.  Joe Brusherd                                   September 6, 2022
Author: “Hebraic Insights – Messages exploring the Hebrew roots of our faith” 
“Biblical Marriage”     Weekly “Hebraic Musings      InsightsByYosef.blogspot.com

Note - I enjoy putting a treble clef next to “song verses” in my Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment